Friday, September 24, 2010

Boy Scouts!

So today is Friday. Child-free Friday. So after leaving my kids for a weekend at their dad's, I stopped at the beverage center for a frosty, malty, hoppy beverage. Mmmmm. (Don't ever get the idea, from the topic of the blog, that I'm any kind of ascetic.) I was comtemplating yesterday's kitten-based donation, and hoping there was something different next to the register, when I pulled in to see a table full of Boy Scouts outside the door! What luck!

The Boy Scouts bring out mixed emotions in me. Has something to do with some controversy they had... what wsa it?... OH YEAH.

See, I hate that kind of thing. It makes me angry.

But... that's not the fault of the boys in the organization, is it? And like almost everyone else, I'm a sucker for kids.

So anti-gay policy or no, when I see a table full of Boy Scouts, I buy some popcorn if I can. Today though, it happened that I only had the requisite $2 in cash. So I was going to just make a donation. Which I mentioned, and said because I only have $2 on me.

And boy, those scouts are eager little salesmen. See, they were selling individual bags of popcorn, $1 a package. I could take Light Butter, or Unbelievable Butter. Or, as one enterprising little chap offered, one of each. (He could see I was indecisive.)

So of course I bought the popcorn. And then I remembered, that means the fundraising itself came to less than $2! Scandal! That's Rule #2 broken!

But then I remembered, it was unintentional. So I'm Rule #3ing it.

Now I'm home, waiting for my man to get back from dropping off his daughter. Then we'll cook some burgers. Because burgers + beer = win. And later, we'll have popcorn. Because popcorn + beer = BIG DAMN WIN.

No comments:

Post a Comment