Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Underway!

The next day was a Sunday; the power was back on, and so was our shopping trip. I got the baby girl a warm little fleecy outfit, a size up to grow in, and a little gift bag for it to go in. I go by the Mission every Thursday, so I set it by the door for that night.

Monday, a little ad for the WSPCA popped up while I was checking my email. Click! Click! Donated.

Tuesday, I bought a few dollar-store items for the Mission off their wish list while I was out on another errand. I felt good! But I still felt as if I wasn’t really moving. I hadn’t actually done anything outside of my comfort zone yet, and I knew it.

Thursday, I bought a few more items while I was getting lunch stuff for work. I had run up against the clock Wednesday, and wound up not doing anything that day because I didn’t have time to get out anywhere and wanted to definitely dedicate that day’s work to the Mission. But you know, Rule #3.

On Friday, I spent the afternoon with my mom and daughter, and I made a donation at the museum we strolled through. (Well, I strolled. My daughter galloped, and my mother limped.)

On Saturday, I heard about an Irish festival that operates on donations alone. Is it feeding the hungry? Well, no… but I haven’t been to an Irish festival in many years because admission is so high. Click! Donation.

On Sunday, I went out to pick green beans in the garden and found out they’d gotten out of control! I filled a plastic grocery bag in the time it took to pick half the row – and it’s a short row. Why do they sell these seeds in full packets?!? Who can eat this many beans?!? Certainly not us. About half way through I had a bout of vertigo – allergies – and had to stop, but I resolved to bring what I had over to the Mission, and have myself another picking session between now and then; short of feeding a whole shelter full of people, I don’t see them coming close to getting eaten!

On Monday, still feeling bad from the vertigo, I forgot all about it. Tuesday, returning to work after Labor Day, I was out of my usual pattern and forgot then, too. Honestly, I forgot that I had to go get my own daughter at my mom’s. It wasn’t my best day, cognitively speaking.

Today, I dropped a couple bucks into the Ronald McDonald House bin while I was satiating my mad desire for a double cheeseburger.

And that has me all caught up – finally.

No comments:

Post a Comment